IELTS VOCABULARY FILES ENGLISH USAGE INTERMEDIATE STUDENT
11,20 € (including 4 % tax)
The Vocabulary Files series consists of 5 Books, 64 pages each,for CEF Levels: A1- A2 - B1 - B2 - C1
• The aim of the series is to give students the chance to expand their vocabulary in different areas.
Each unit deals with a common Vocabulary topic; the vocabulary is taught through a variety of exercises with lots of illustrations to make them more lively and interesting.
• This series can be used as Time Fillers; when teachers have some extra time and they need something to do to help students revise what they have already been taught. Alternatively, it can also be used to help weak students enrich their vocabulary in various common topics.
• Levels B1, B2 and C1 in this series have also been written for students who are planning to take the IELTS exam. They cover some of the main vocabulary points that IELTS candidates will need for the Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of the exam. The vocabulary that students acquire in each of these books will help them to achieve the score they want in the IELTS exam.
• The 15 units in each of these books, focus on topic-specific vocabulary areas, which may be required in the IELTS exam (for example, economy, education, health, etc). Some Exercises focus on general vocabulary items, which can be used in all aspects of the English language. Many of these words are relevant to specific tasks in the IELTS exam (for example, describing how something works, writing a letter or describing a house).
GLOBAL ELT ENGLISH IDIOMS DICTIONARY
18,70 € (including 4 % tax)
Idioms are fairly fixed phrases that consist of more than one word, with a meaning that cannot be understood from putting together the meanings of the individual words. But this dictionary of approximately 2,000 idioms is different from other dictionaries of idioms. Such dictionaries often try to give a complete list of all idioms; in this book we have concentrated on phrases that are used in certain conversational situations. Clear examples are How do you do? when greeting, Well I never! when you are surprised, and sayings such as Great minds think alike and Wonders will never cease.
This book will be found useful by all speakers of English. Students learning English as a second or foreign language, especially, will find help here that is just not included in other reference books; so this dictionary will increase the understanding of what has been heard and will also develop a proficiency in using idioms. The index brings an additional benefit: by consulting the list of subjects, the user is referred to appropriate phrases.
The inclusion of 200 of the most common Business Idioms also reflects the need for English language learners to be able to understand basic idiomatic language used in everyday business context.
GLOBAL ELT PHRASAL VERBS DICTIONARY
18,70 € (including 4 % tax)
Level: CEFR Level B2 - C2
• To be fluent in English, you have to be able to use phrasal verbs. This dictionary has been written for intermediate and advanced students who want an easy-to-use reference book that deals with this area of the language.
• The emphasis is on idiomatic phrasal verbs, whose meaning and use are especially difficult for the students.
Results 231 - 240 of 16701