A bridge from learning about language and culture to achieving exam success
Bridges offers clearly structured, thematic units that practise all language skills, leading students to a high level of communicative competence in both oral and written work.
Bridges pays special attention to vocabulary development and looks at easily confused words, idiomatic language and word-building techniques. The Workbook includes a unique Vocabulary Builder designed to increase students' wordpower.
Language and Culture
The topics in Bridges are carefully chosen in order to use the English language as a bridge to other areas of the Bachillerato curriculum and to expand students' general knowledge and familiarity with aspects of Anglo-Saxon culture.
Bridges offers thorough, step-by-step preparation for both oral and written examinations. The special exam preparation and practice sections enable students to face their PAU examinations with confidence.
Best range of support materials available for teachers
Bridges offers an interleaved Teacher's Manual and a Teacher's All-in-One Pack with tests, practice exams and additional photocopiable worksheets. The Digital Teacher's Pack includes all the Teacher's All-in-One Pack material in editable Word format, the unique PAU Examination Builder, as well as Interactive Whiteboard Materials.
The Burlington Speech Trainer
Bridges 1 is accompanied by the Burlington Speech Trainer, which students can download from the Student's Zone for use at home to improve their pronunciation and oral fluency.
The Teacher's Zone and Student's Zone provide a wide range of extra resources and activities for Bridges users.
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and language portfolios
Bridges offers guidelines and photocopiable assessment sheets for teachers wishing to work with language portfolios and the Common European Framework.
Burlington Interactive Books
Fully interactive digital edition of the Student's Book and digital edition of the Workbook are available for interactive whiteboards. Burlington's unique hybrid software enables working both online and offline.
Components for the Student
- Student's Book + free Burlington Speech Trainer (Bridges 1)
- Two-in-One Workbook and Vocabulary Builder
- Website Activities in the Student's Zone (also available in multirom format on request)
Components for the Teacher
- Teacher's Manual (interleaved with Student's Book)
- Teacher's All-in-One Pack
- Digital Teacher's Pack containing the following digital materials for each level:
- PAU Examination Builder, which includes ready-to-use exams for every autonomous region and a bank of build-your-own exams with a variety of question types. Teachers may create their own new exams at the touch of a button.
- Test Factory and Other Resources in editable Word format, which includes all the material from the Teacher's All-in-One Pack, and all the reading texts and listening scripts from the Student's Book
- Interactive Whiteboard Materials with fully interactive Student's Book, digital Workbook, photo prompts for speaking activities and interactive text analyses + Burlington's unique online/offline hybrid software
- Class Audio CD
- Speaking in Context DVD + leaflet
All teacher's materials are FREE for Burlington users.
ISBN : 9789963479061